Our goal is to provide a quality football program that teaches the fundamentals of the game while emphasizing fitness, cooperation, self-discipline, and camaraderie. Our program compliments and enriches skill development for young athletes. Our coaches concentrate on player/team development, and an appreciation of the game of football including the necessities of good sportsmanship.
PLAYER CODE OF CONDUCT...
- I will play by the rules of football and, in the spirit of the game, be a true team player.
- I will control my temper - fighting or “mouthing off” can spoil the activity for everyone.
- **There is a NO BULLYING tolerance with the Raiders**
- I will respect my opponents.
- I will remember that winning isn’t everything - that having fun, improving skills and making friends and doing my best are also important.
- I will remember that coaches and officials are there to help me. I will accept their decision
- and show them respect.
- I will come fully equipped for practices and games, including bringing a water bottle.
- **It is up to YOU the player to remove drink bottles from ALL practice / playing fields**
- I will commit myself to attending practices and arriving on time for games and practices. I am aware that my absence will affect my playtime.
PARENT CODE OF CONDUCT...
- I will not force my child to participate in football.
- I will encourage my child to play by the rules and to resolve conflict without resorting to
- hostility or violence.
- I will make my child feel like a winner every time by offering praise for competing fairly and at their best.
- I will remember that children learn by example. I will applaud good plays and performances by my child’s team and their opponents.
- I will never question the official’s judgment or honesty in public.
- I will respect and show appreciation for the volunteers who give their time to football for my child.
- I will ensure that my child is supervised by an adult at all games. I will not assume the coach is his/her supervisor unless I have spoken with the coach before hand.
Parents and players agree to abide by the rules , regulations and decisions as set forward by the West Edmonton Raiders Football Club and understand that if they do not comply, may be suspended from playing for one game. Parents must also understand that repeat offences may result in my child being removed from the team.
POINTS OF UNDERSTANDING...
- PLAYING TIME AND POSITIONS - Not every child is created equally ... different abilities, both physically and mentally. As coaches we try our utmost to be very objective and place kids into positions that will not affect them negatively ... both physically and mentally. Every one's "READY" time is different ... please respect the experience of coaches and allow them to make that call. The worst thing that we can do is to "play through our children". Coaches need your support to make this work.
- IMPORTANCE OF PRACTICES - FOOTBALL is a GAME that best exemplifies "practice makes perfect". One cannot stress the importance of practice enough. It is one of the only sports in the world where if you don't know where you are supposed to be or what you should be doing or where your team-mates are supposed to be and what they should be doing at any given time in any given play ... then you are lost and so are your team-mates and team. Football is a physical game of CHESS. Physical fitness and mental toughness are acquired through practice.
- SCHOOL vs. FOOTBALL (Sport is a Privilege) - Please feel free to use the coach to help your child achieve academic excellence. “John, I hear that you have had some problems with homework ... you know I can't let you come to practice until your homework is done ... and no practice means no play time. So John what can we do to help you ... your team-mates need you and you are no good to your team if you are not there. School is first and you need to apply yourself, do the job, before you can come out to play.
- OTHER SPORTS ( Finish what you Start ) - As coaches we are quite cognizant that kids play other sports, we therefore have only one rule ... FINISH WHAT YOU START ... Simply put, a playoff soccer game is by far more important than our practice but a hockey practice is not as important as our Game. So please use your best judgment and communicate with the coaches.
- PARENTAL CONDUCT - Please be exemplary to your children ... we teach all the players that one leads through example ... if you have any issues, thoughts or just want to talk, please choose your arena wisely ... there is always a time and place ... not in front of your children at game time or during practice ... call or see the Director of Football Operations at any other time, he/she will make themselves available to you.
Above all, HAVE FUN, ENJOY AND SUPPORT YOUR KIDS BY BEING THERE!!!
In order to withdraw from Raiders Football you must do the following:
Notify the registrar in writing via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org for regular season.
NO other method for withdrawal will be accepted.
Only the registrar can accept a withdrawal from the team, not a coach, manager, etc.
2. At the time of withdrawal you must make arrangements to return all equipment. The withdrawal date will be recorded as the date of equipment return. Upon return of the equipment, to the equipment manager, you will receive the completed equipment return form to be presented to the treasurer for refund processing.
The refund will not be processed until all equipment is returned and proper documentation has been given to the treasurer.
3. A refund for partial fees will be made as follows:
1. Less $50 if before practices officially begin in May
2. Less $100 if before June 30
3. NO REFUND IF AFTER JUNE 30
4. No refund for late registrations (registered after June 30)
5. Midget refunds are less $100 after practices begin
6. NO Midget refunds after games being
Note: notification of withdrawal must be received in writing to the Registrar and equipment must be returned prior to refund processing:
Note. The refund cheque will be made payable to the person whose name appears on the original payment.
Note: If a receipt was issued for income tax purposes, upon withdrawal that receipt is invalid and must be destroyed.
Note: There will be a $40 charge for NSF/returned cheques
Have a great season and GO RAIDERS GO!