The West Edmonton Raiders are committed to ensuring a safe, healthy and sanitary environment for our athletes, coaches, staff, and volunteers. We will be following the guidelines and regulations put in place by Football Alberta in coordination with the Government of Alberta and Alberta Health Services. A copy of our Return to Play plan can be viewed here.
We are cognizant of the Covid-19 safety precautions & considerations that we will need to be implementing in order to proceed with running our camp in an appropriate and safe manner. These precautions include, but may not be limited to:
- AHS COVID-19 screening for all athletes, coaches, and trainers to complete at the beginning of each camp. Anyone showing symptoms will not be allowed to participate.We will provide hand sanitizer (60% alcohol or higher) at the start and end of camp every day, as well as during breaks.
- NO washrooms are currently available.
- Athletes will be expected to come dressed and ready to participate every day. We recommend that athletes bring a water bottle, cleats, and appropriate clothing for the weather (shorts or sweats, t-shirt or sweater, etc.)
- Spectators are not permitted in the practice areas at ANY time (this includes before and after practice). Spectators must remain a minimum of 5M from practice locations
- Social distancing while in line, while waiting, during drills that will allow it, and while spectating will be expected.
- Please bring your own mosquito repellent and sunscreen.
- Please do not wear chains or earrings which could get caught or snag during training.
- We will increase the frequency of sanitation of commonly touched surfaces and shared equipment.
- After the camp is over for the day we are asking that athletes leave the area immediately.
- We will be monitoring that these protocols are being practiced. Those that are not in compliance will be reminded. Repeat offenses risk the activity for everyone involved. We reserve the right to ask you to leave. This includes our athletes.
- We will have a full time trainer at the camp who is able to address any injuries.
AHS and Football Alberta have released guidelines allowing for athlete contact (information can be found here).
The Raiders are eager to return to football in the fall and has commit themselves to ensure that the necessary protocols are in place so that we will be able to do so. LET'S GO RAIDERS!